Backend Engineer - Client Services
As a Backend Engineer - Client Services, you will work closely with our clients and client service managers to ensure the smooth ingestion and validation of data in all directions. Data is what Tatari is all about, and you’ll take ownership of how it moves around within Tatari and with our clients.
- Work directly with Tatari’s clients to help get data flowing in all directions
- Use your expertise to understand clients’ data requirements and provide guidance for the best course of action.
- Coordinate with clients to implement standard and custom data integrations
- Build Tatari’s data pipeline to scale with the ever-growing amounts of data and new measurement features
- Create and manage ways to deliver data from Tatari’s system to clients (via APIs, reports, etc.)
- Identify short-term and long-term data issues that need to be addressed on Tatari’s roadmap.
- Great communication skills—this role may require daily client interaction, and you need to be comfortable holding meetings with clients
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex “engineering language” into layman’s terms when necessary.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize all clients’ needs (sometimes clients need to be onboard within 24 hours).
- 3+ years experience as a software engineer
- 2+ years working with data systems, including:
- Relational databases (we use PostgreSQL)
- AWS (S3, Redshift, API Gateway, Cloudfront)
- Streaming data pipelines (Kafka, Storm, etc)
- Experience with the following is a plus:
This position is located in Santa Monica or San Francisco, CA. Tatari pays competitive compensation with equity packages, and offers generous benefits (e.g. 100% healthcare including dependents, unlimited vacations, 401K, FSA, Commuter Benefits, etc). To apply, you must: 1) prove your eligibility to work in the US; and 2) submit a resume including links to GitHub/Stack Overflow/code samples as one pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject “Sales Engineer.”