Tatari is expanding, and we are looking for you to join! The position is located in Santa Monica, CA (no remote, no exceptions). Tatari pays competitive salaries, and you will be eligible for all Tatari perks (including full healthcare coverage, equity, FSA and Commuter benefits).
- Purchase all types of TV inventory: local/national, broadcast, cable, OTT, etc.
- Cultivate relationships with the media industry and TV networks, at both junior (i.e. account executives) and senior levels. Maintain daily contact and continuously update inventory pricing and availability.
- Be able to negotiate pricing to benefit Tatari clients.
- Work closely together with the client strategy and analytics teams. Review every single media purchase through a data & analytics lens.
- Monitor stations for competitive activities, economic and demographic changes, etc. Seek out unique opportunities e.g. firesales, packages, etc.
- Participate, actively engage, and be the expert voice on TV in Tatari client meetings.
- Help automate and optimize media-buying with our technology and product team.
- Occasional travel (mostly NYC).
- 5+ years of experience with TV media-buying at all levels: local/national, remnant/upfront, cable/broadcast.
- Existing relationships with media companies across junior and senior levels.
- Passionate about TV – doesn’t just know networks, but also very familiar with programs, shows, and personalities.
- Strong and fast with numbers. A streetsmart dealmaker.
- Pro-active: doesn’t wait for media companies to provide pricing but continuously seeking new opportunities.
- Good instinct about the TV market place.
- High attention to detail. Strong communicator, verbally and orally.
- Appreciate engineering, data and analytics.
- Understanding of marketing and sales funnel KPIs.
- Skilled at Excel and Google Sheets and a generally fast learner when comes to software.
- Embraces automation and can engage with engineering team to enhance tools used to increase efficiency and accuracy of media buys.
All applicants must prove eligibility to work in the United States. Please submit resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject “Media Buyer.”