Data Science - Summer Internship
Tatari is expanding and we’re looking for a full-time data scientist intern to join us for the summer of 2019. In this role, you will work in a fast-paced environment with diverse data sets and technologies to produce production quality, scalable and automated solutions for a diverse set of challenging data problems. Under the guidance of our Senior Data Scientists, you will have the freedom to utilize the latest technologies to solve challenging problems, create innovative applications from the ground up, and understand exactly what it takes to create a reliable online experience for our customers. This role collaborates closely with our technology teams to provide profound insights from your analysis, and optimize our business, with the ultimate goal of helping Tatari redefine the TV ad buying experience.
- Real-time optimization problems utilizing machine learning algorithms
- Explore algorithms to help guide expansion opportunities into new lines of business
- Collaborate closely with Data, Engineering, Media Buying teams to improve existing and new products
- Statistical pricing and forecasting models
- Automate data-driven tasks; design processes that require zero intervention
- Work cross-functionally within the organization to deliver integrated business solutions
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program in any of the named fields (Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or other hard science field)
- Strong interest in designing and developing analytics
- Experience or interest with Data Manipulation Software (e.g., SQL, Python, Pandas)
- A quick learner, with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment; adaptability and a strong self-teaching ethic are highly valued
- Strong strategic thinking capabilities
- Interest to learn to manipulate, analyze, and interpret large amounts of data and to organize findings and translate into actionable insights using original or innovative techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and probability, particularly their application in systems analysis and operations research
This position is located in Santa Monica, CA (no remote), full-time, and can start as early as May 1, 2019 with potential of becoming a full-time employee upon graduation. Tatari pays competitive compensation for internships. All applicants must prove eligibility to work in the United States. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject “Data Scientist-Internship”.